Looking for Speaking our Language Series 2

Joyce Campbell

Looking for Speaking our Language Series 2

Postby Joyce Campbell » August 27th, 2013, 4:55 pm

Hi all. I belong to two Gaelic study groups here in Ithaca, NY, both run by Cornell linguistics professor Wayne Harbert, who is an excellent teacher. Right now he's looking to find a few more of the Speaking our Language books, primarily Series 2 and/or 3, to use with his students. If you have any you'd like to donate or sell, would you please let me know? He's already checked the usual sources of those books, and can't find any more available.
Thanks, Joyce Campbell
GunChleoc

Re: Looking for Speaking our Language Series 2

Postby GunChleoc » September 15th, 2013, 5:14 am

You can download the series as PDF files from http://www.learngaelic.net/sol/index.jsp
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Janice Chan

Postby Janice Chan » September 15th, 2013, 11:06 am

GunChleoc wrote:You can download the series as PDF files from http://www.learngaelic.net/sol/index.jsp

It seems that the .pdf files are single worksheets to accompany the videos, but the videos themselves ( with accompanying transcriptipns in Gaelic and English) will be very helpful to learners.

Mòran taing.
GunChleoc

Postby GunChleoc » September 15th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/MacSteaphain

I don't know where to get transcripts.
Oileanach chànan chuthachail
Steaphanaidh Carlyle
Site Admin

Postby Steaphanaidh Carlyle » September 15th, 2013, 3:13 pm

I recall when I ordered the entire series a couple of years ago, the workbooks were available in hardcopy for all but Season 2, and that came in the form of a PDF file (not in segments as are available on learngaelic.net but a complete book).
I have Seasons 1, 3 and 4 workbooks in hardcopy and a PDF for Season 2, as well as DVDs for all seasons (although the DVDs are on loan to a friend right now).
I could send you the PDF of season 2 if you like. Please send me a private message here with your email address and I'll forward it to you.

Steaphanaidh Carlyle

akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » September 18th, 2013, 7:24 am

The Gaelic Books council still have loads of the hard copy books - I'm sure they'd do you a good deal!

There's so little money in Gaelic books, I usually try to buy a real copy whenever I can.

Return to “General Chatter”