Blas Na Gàidhlig

Brendan Sweeney

Blas Na Gàidhlig

Postby Brendan Sweeney » February 24th, 2011, 4:23 pm

A new book is coming out "Blas na Gàidhlig" that aims to help learners with the sometimes tricky gaelic pronunction. There isn't any decription on the USA Amazon site, but I looked on Amazon.uk and they had a pretty good description. The author of the book the book also runs a very useful site that I have been to many times. http://www.akerbeltz.org/

Below is the link to the US Amazon listing.
http://tinyurl.com/4umcofp

I hope this is useful info

Brendan
akerbeltz

Re: Blas Na Gàidhlig

Postby akerbeltz » March 17th, 2011, 9:44 am

It's out now - I think the Gaelic Books Council is talking to Sìol Enterprises about supplying to the States/Canada but for now Amazon and the Gaelic Books Council are the best places.

It would probably help "the cause" to enquire about the book with Sìol anyway if you're interested.

Also, the sound materials are now available from Foillseachadh Akerbeltz
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » March 25th, 2011, 8:18 pm

A chàirdean, tha Look Inside beò air Amazon a-nis, briogaibh air an dealbh ann gus cuid dhe na duilleagan fhaicinn!
(Click on the picture to see sample pages from the book)
Brendan Sweeney

Postby Brendan Sweeney » March 31st, 2011, 1:06 pm

Sìol doesn't have a listing for it at the moment. Amazon said it was to be available today but now it says it is out of print. Might just have to order it from over seas
Janice Chan

Postby Janice Chan » March 31st, 2011, 1:39 pm

bsuibhne wrote:Sìol doesn't have a listing for it at the moment. Amazon said it was to be available today but now it says it is out of print. Might just have to order it from over seas

Amazon Canada just says that the book is unavailable, so I've just ordered mine from Comhairle nan Leabhreachan. I have a membership, so I get 15% off, and they're going to throw in a cotton book bag to boot!
Brendan Sweeney

Postby Brendan Sweeney » March 31st, 2011, 3:21 pm

That might be the route I wil end up going.
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » April 9th, 2011, 6:42 am

I've just heard from folk that they managed to order via Amazon.co.uk and even though it says out of stock, the order comes through. So I guess it depends on if .co.uk is willing to deliver to the US? Mind, if you order from Comhairle nan Leabhraichean, you do get the Akerbeltz bag thrown in :P Sorry for all thr trouble, Amazon are being a bit complicated!
Scott Morrison

Postby Scott Morrison » April 13th, 2011, 10:41 pm

Akerbeltz,

Tha mi dìreach air eisteachd ris an agallamh a bh'ann air Radio nan Gàidheil anns an robh thu a nochdadh. Is sgoinneill na rudan a tha thu a' deànamh a thaobh na Gàidhlige! Ach, gu dé th'ann anns an leabhar seo a sgrìobh thu? An e eacarsaidhean-labhairt a tha ann neo stuth le phonetics a tha 'san leabhar agad? Is fior thoil leam an làrach-linn agad cuideachd. 'S e sin an aon àite far an do lorg mi fuaimean nam beothaichean! Agus tha mi a' cleachdadh Dwelly-d cha mhòr a h-uile là eadar na rannsachaidh a bhios mi ris agus an clas a bhios mi a' teagaisg. Mòran tàing dhut airson na saothrach mhòire a rinn thu! :)
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » April 18th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Tha thu ro choibhneil :)

'S e leabhar air fuaimneachadh na Gàidhlig a th' ann, leabhar agus clàraidhean. Tha LookInside ag obair air Amazon.com (http://amzn.to/hXwjum), briog air an dealbh mhòr 's chì thu grunn dhuilleagan. Tha an leabhar a' tòiseachadh aig an fhìor-thoiseach agus 'gad thoirt air slighe fhada tro shaoghal fuaimneachadh na Gàidhlig. Tha mìneachaidhean ann, eacarsaichean, fuaimean, dealbhan, sgeulachdan agus fiù reasabaidh!
Janice Chan

Postby Janice Chan » April 18th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Thàinig an leabhar agam an-diugh (agus baga snog :D ). Bidh mi ga thòiseachadh a-màireach!
Rudy Ramsey

Postby Rudy Ramsey » April 20th, 2011, 12:40 am

Tha mi fhìn a' feitheamh fhathast, ach bu chor gum bi an leth-breac agamsa an-seo a dh'aigheàrr. :)

Ach ciamar a channain 'sa Ghàidhlig rud coltach ri: So many books; so little time? :)
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » April 21st, 2011, 5:39 pm

Uiread a leabhraichean 's an tìde cho gann?
Brendan Sweeney

Postby Brendan Sweeney » April 22nd, 2011, 8:38 am

Gaelic Books Council it is for me then. I got tired of waiting for amazon, plus I like helping smaller businesses.
Rudy Ramsey

Postby Rudy Ramsey » April 25th, 2011, 10:27 pm

akerbeltz wrote:Uiread a leabhraichean 's an tìde cho gann?

Math gu leòr dhomhsa. Tapadh leat. :)

Seo ceist eile a tha ceangailte ris an te seo. Ciamar a channainn "Gaelic hasn't taken over my life, but it has certainly taken over my bookshelf." :lol:
Brendan Sweeney

Postby Brendan Sweeney » May 19th, 2011, 10:25 am

Got it last weekend. It looks to be a very informative book and I received the bag as well. I have just started going through the exercises. This should give me alot to do over the summer as my regular classes have ended until fall.
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » May 28th, 2011, 9:20 am

Guma math a thèid leat :)

It's now in stock with Sìol Enterprises even though it's not showing on the website yet but if you call/email, you can order!

"Gaelic hasn't taken over my life, but it has certainly taken over my bookshelf"

Cha do cheannsaich G mo bheatha fhathast ach cheannsaich i sgeilp mo leabhraichean gun teagamh?
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » June 25th, 2011, 1:44 pm

It's now visible on the Sìol front page (http://www.gaelicbooks.com/) $64.95C (+$8 shipping) -$64.95US (+$11 shipping)

Must let him know about the bug in the shopping cart, for some reason it's showing as a cd??
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » November 9th, 2011, 5:34 pm

Sorry this took such a long time to set up but Blas is now also on Amazon.com, along with Dwelly, dispatched from the US so the postage is pretty standard.
akerbeltz

Postby akerbeltz » May 27th, 2018, 6:32 am

Wee update - Sìol is no longer trading but Amazon still has the book and since we changed the setup at the backend a bit, the books now also appear on the websites of a number of other bookshops such as McNally Robinson in Canada and Barnes & Noble in the US. For the full list of Akerbeltz' titles, as always this page. Shortly also to include Pippi Fhad-stocainneach 8-)

Return to “General Chatter”